Friday, June 5, 2009

Utah Fruit



I spent my formative years in northern Utah in a beautiful valley named Cache. I have memories of the colorful summers filled with gorgeous gardens filled with fresh, home grown vegetables and fruits. In the late summer we would travel over the mountain through Sardine Canyon to the fruit orchards scattered along the base of the Wasatch Front.. There we would pick juicy, ripe peaches and apricots. Cherries were in abundance in all varieties and colors from white to dark, dark red/black. Apples ripened a little later in the year, were so fragrant and the noises they made when we bit into them would challenge the finest Dolby Digital Sound systems. I seldom go to Utah in the late summer and early fall these days. So I had to create my own homage to the cherry tree. It may lack everything in taste and sight but to me this image represents, in my mind, figuratively, the long lost days of years past when our family would enjoy the fruits of others labors.

3 comments:

Lorri said...

Now this is a FINE looking blog. Love it!

Disney Grandma said...

Love the new look on the blog. Very pretty. Someone must know how to take pictures, hahahah
Excited for your road trip to Utah to see the pretty gardens.
Drive carfully
Love ya

Unknown said...

Your descriptions really make me want to live there. Well said and good picture