Sunday, March 1, 2009

Naming Ivy






Last Sunday, February 22 2009, Ivy Mae Stailey, our newest grandchild, was given her name and a blessing by her father, Jason, at Hilary & Jason's sacrament meeting in Silver City, New Mexico.  It was a wonderful and beautiful weekend. The cousins met Ivy for the first time, after much anticipation having grown enormously these two months.  And with masked faces and gloved hands they greeted her joyously.  It is such a blessing to celebrate this little girl into the world with family, smiles and laughter, fun and great food.  Great weather, too.  Thanks go to Jason's parents, Glen & Michelle for hosting and preparing such a great spread.  Good times!!      

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the Gloves and Masks!! (1st time moms) the 2nd baby we dont care as much! :) Miss your so much! I miss your sweet hugs on sunday! I need one of those! :)

renhallows said...

the blue gloves and mask are priceless! I loved hearing about that! Fresh babies are the best!

Hilary Stailey said...

I can't believe you posted the one with the gloves and masks. The secrets out, we are a little nutty!!

Harmony said...

Hey, I love the gloves and masks. It made it so much easier for the kids to see Ivy and not have mom and dad nagging their every move. I mean it. I think it's a funny new tradition :) I can't stop looking at smiling Ivy!