Monday, November 10, 2008

I Was Just Thinking...


I was just thinking about this photograph I made the other day.  I know how quiet it is in This House.  It is quiet to the ear and quiet to the soul.  But in order to get there I have to go through some noise, in fact, when I think about it, it is quite a bit of noise.  To me it is worth all of the world's NOISE to be in there...in That House.   Another thing I noticed when I was looking at this picture.  I usually come from the south to get here.  But as I approached from the west I noticed the mountain behind it.  I suppose, though I have never been to the top of That mountain, that it is very quiet.  And, if I were up there, I would look back and reflect on the world below and there I would only be able to imagine the noise down in the valley because I could no longer hear it.  I want to spend more time in quiet solitutude on the top of the Mountain of the Lord, where I can reflect and take in what I need to learn from Him. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Do you remember me? It's Hilary's EA roommate, Erin. Well I just loved this post and picture!! It spoke to me. I want to be on the mountain too! Thanks for the great reminder.

We are getting a temple here in the Gila Valley soon (where I am still living) and I just can't wait to be that close to such a wonderful place.