Monday, July 13, 2009

Travelin, Travelin', Travelin', Travelin' Through

'Lest my title fills your mind with dread-locks and the lilting voice of days gone by, I will just tell you I am on a trip to TEXAS. Thought you might like to know how my first days went.
My trip, unfortunately, coincided with the birth of Hilary's niece, Riley. This meant, I thought, I would not be able to see Hilary, Jason and Ivy. I was wrong. I did see them, SORT OF. Like two ships passing in the night, (desert.) Hilary and I were in touch by phone, as you might have guessed. Around Wilcox we spotted one another and I, being camera-ready, snapped this shot.
Rd to lajitas6
Went through Las Cruces anyway. Even spent the night there.
Rd to Lajitas5
Then I traveled down to my Mom's home town, Marfa, Texas to meet Clint. I showed him my grandmother's grave before we left there.
Photobucket
We drove through Presidio and then on a winding, hilly, beautiful but nauseating road to Lajitas. Clint had to stop for me a few times for my sick tummy. But driving along the Rio Grande was quite gorgeous, which I noticed, despite my innards!.
Rd to Lajitas4
Rd to lajitas2
There's Clint up there driving behind me. It was so pretty, but that sun was beating down hard!
Rd to lajitas3
We made it safely to Lajitas late in the afternoon. I will post more on the resort here later this week. So far I have seen that the skies are blue, the clouds are puffy and white, the mountains are green, the earth is brown, it's dry and it is HOT, very HOT! Oh and the rivers are muddy. There is so much to see around here because after all, it's a BIG COUNTRY. It's TEXAS.

7 comments:

Harmony said...

Cool pics! Were you using ten and four while taking those pics? I think not!

Unknown said...

What is ten and four Harmony?

Glad you are safe and sorry you missed Hilary, that stinks. So you guys are staying at a Resort, nice? Have fun together! Miss you both!

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I just wanted to mention I loved the Harry Potter pics and wanted to steal them for my own. Already have tickets!

Hilary Stailey said...

Great pics mom! It was pretty fun seeing you, though it was only a few seconds. It was even more funny seeing you take a picture with your camera phone. Hah! Have fun with daddio!

ps- Karen, Ten and Two just means where your hands should be placed on the steering wheel. Nottie, nottie, mom!

Disney Grandma said...

Wow girl, that does not look like the green we saw in Ireland. But
don't mess with Texas.
Love ya have fun
Big Red

Unknown said...

Have fun on your trip. When are you coming home?

Lorri said...

Ooops! I didn't switch users. That last comment was from me. See you soon.