Friday, April 17, 2009

Ode to a Hobbit




Our first child, Joey was born, April 13, 1976.  We knew he would be an extraordinary young man because he was an extraordinary child.  Inquisitive, creative, humorous, intelligent and friendly.  He has built on those early childhood traits through these 33 years.  He is our walking encyclopedia.  If I want to know about something that is difficult to understand, I call Joe.  If I have read something with wit and wisdom, I share it with Joe.  One of the things, I, as his mother love about him is that he finds the lessons in EVERYTHING.  He loves and respects BOTH Homer's because he finds wisdom in the ancients as well as the pop culture he studies and enjoys.  Tolkien and Lewis never had a more avid student than C. Joe Andersen.  He has a love of the Lord and His scriptures and adores the family that he has been blessed with.   And we love him for making the world a better place and showing us how beautiful it can be through his eyes.  I also love that he goes out of his way to see BOTH sides of an issue or point of view.    And though he has won numerous awards for his creativity and intellect I think he'd rather live in in a hole in the ground.  "Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole...but a hobbit-hole and that means comfort."  Because, Joe, that is what we feel from you, comfort.  Happy Birthday, Joey!  We love you!  Love, Mom and Dad. 

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I love it all. But I think you should add more hobbit hole pictures. Like the one from the day that is so good. Love it

Harmony said...

I love my brother Joe. He is amazing in every way :)

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. Can I copy this for our journal?

top knot extensions said...

WOW!!! He really created a little world back there!!!

Hilary Stailey said...

I love Joey! You stated everything perfectly! I want to go call him up just thinking about him, and ask a few questions of my own or just discuss something of interest!!

Jeanmarie said...

JOEY, you were the first nephew I ever met and will never forget...I have to say your unique and wonderful personality is as they say, "UNFORGETTABLE" that's what you are! I love you, Happy Birthday, Jeanmarie

V.I.C.K.I. said...

Happy 33rd, Joey. Wow, we are old! Does that make our parents really old? JK. Thanks to all the Andersens for taking care of us in AZ. Mag and Brian